Over on Book Riot this week…
- How to use FOIA and what you can do with it to uncover local book challenges.
- Gender Queer was challenged at the Coppell, Texas, public library. The way the director and his team responded is a template for how all libraries should. It’s an outstanding model to use to prepare.
- Libraries in the US are more popular than ever, but library workers still don’t make a living wage.
- Sweet celestial bookmarks.
I’ve been around the internet as well!
- Over on School Library Journal, how #TikTok is a boon for young readers.
- I was a guest on WNYC’s On The Media podcast talking about book challenges and what the media is getting wrong right now..
- I was also briefly on Illinois Public Media’s The 21st talking about book challenges.
And here’s last week’s roundup of book challenges and censorship stories from around the web and why buying challenged books doesn’t solve the issue of First Amendment infringement.